Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Food from the Heart

I just had to post this picture.  I cut open a small, round watermelon for a picnic I was having, and if you look closely, you can see the shape of a heart in the watermelon.  Look close ... it is as perfect as perfect is.  What a surprise that was that I just had to take a picture because no one would ever believe it.  What do you think?

And speaking of picnics .. my husband Tom and I were invited to our neighbor's house for an after July 4th picnic and Diane made an out-of-this-world Caprese salad with buffalo mozzarella cheese, fresh tomato, fresh basil from her garden, and drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  Oh my word, I could have eaten the whole tray.  Tom wanted me to take a picture of it so he could remember it.  LOL.  If you haven't guessed yet, he LOVES food.  Doesn't this look yummy?  Surrounding the Caprese salad is pepperoni stuffed with cheese.  Oh it's making me hungry again!!!  Diane is an awesome cook - I can't even tell you all the wonderful food she made for us.  We sure did feel special.  Check it out ...


No comments:

Post a Comment