Saturday, September 29, 2012

Christmas Gift

Well, I am so excited to share with you what I made for my Christmas Gift exchange present for next weekend.  I'm going to the Remarkables Weekend Retreat from October 5-7 in New Cumberland, and we each have to bring a Christmas Gift to exchange with someone, and it has to be under $10, and hand made, of course.  I riddled my brain trying to come up with something, and then lo and behold, my friend Pam was over today hanging out in my craft studio making stuff, and we came up with the most awesome idea. 

I found a box on Pinterest that I was going to make, then had a brilliant idea to make it a little different.  Pam thought of a box with hot cocoa inside, and using the hot cocoa mug stamp from the Scentsational Season stamp set, along with the framelits, and I had the design in my head on what I wanted it to look like, and whola ... are you ready ... I'm over the top loving this ... here it is:


Here's a slightly tilted view so you can see the bow on top a little better.
 And here is a view of the top with a paper bow & a very vanilla flower-type brad in the center.  I learned how to make the paper bow at Convention this past year.  Isn't it darling?  It's so easy peasy to make!
Can you just imagine getting this with some nice hot cocoa packets inside, along with some mini marshmellows?  Oh how devine, if I must say so myself.  I can't wait to give it as my gift, and I'm so loving it that I'm making one for myself.  I hope you like it as much as Pam and I do.

Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Helen - what an adorable gift! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! can't wait to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete