Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Berlin Wall & 9-11 Tribute

I've been getting very brief emails from Tj as they start to wind down their European trip.  Tj and Drew are now in Holland visiting some guys they met on their travels.  The just left Berlin the other day and I expect to hear more in a few days when they plan the remainder of their travels.  They will be home in no time ... 2 more weeks!  In the interim, I thought I would share the picture of the Berlin Wall that Tj sent me.  It's totally not what I expected.  You take a look and see what you think.

There's a lot of graffiti - nothing like I thought.  Well, maybe being a work of art will take away the thoughts of what it used to signify.

On another note ... I forgot to post a picture of the 9-11 tribute that Aileen sent me from her apartment window in Brooklyn.  What a moving picture, and how cool is it that she can see perfectly from her window.  Here it is:


This is very touching and especially significant for me.  I lost more than 14 friends and acquaintances that horrible day, 11 years ago.  Let's NEVER forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment