Thursday, October 25, 2012

Aileen's Birthday Card

I wanted to make a special card for my daughter, Aileen.  Today is her 30th birthday.  She lives in Brooklyn with her husband Josh, and since I couldn't be there to celebrate her big day, I worked on a card that was not like any one I've ever made in the past.  Here is what I made:

I learned how to make the flower at the Remarkables Weekend Retreat a few weeks ago.  I used a couple textures on the card, and also used the scoring tool for both the smaller square, which the flower is adhered to, and the larger square where I used the scallop trim border.  I also tied the top and bottom sections of the card with a strip of tangerine tango using the ribbon punch.  So what do you think of the masterpiece I created for Aileen?  I rather love it.  I hope you do too.  I wanted something unique like Aileen.  She received my card yesterday.  I had to mail it to her in a box since I didn't want the flower to squash in the mail.  It made it totally in tact.  YEAH!  So here's to Aileen on her 30th birthday.   Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Helen, this is very pretty and I know Aileen is loving it. Which punch did you use to make the flower -- I can't quite tell. I really like what you did with all the scoring. So nice!

    ReplyDelete