Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Coloring Down the Lines - Marina Mist

Welcome back to our blog hop this week.  It was a fun weekend for crafting, and our challenge for this week was one of the two color combinations:  Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, and Cajun Craze, or Marina Mist, Real Red, and Old Olive.  I chose the first color combination and added a touch of old olive for interest.  I had fun with this card that I found on Stampin Connection.  I changed up a few things and added some color and was pleased with the result.  Did you like what Ourcraftyplaydate had for you this week?  She's always creating something fun and cool, don't you think.  Here's my card:


I don't know if you can see it, but I used diamond dust glitter on the mounds of snow below the trees, as well as around the larger pine tree in the front.  It really looks cool with the glitter, and this was my first attempt to do an actual "snow scene".  Well, I hope you liked what I created for you today, and now, let's hop on over to Joni's blog, the newest person on the team, and see what she made.  Let's go ....

4 comments:

  1. I see the snow, nice touch. What a pretty holiday card. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job, Helen! I like the little touch of glitter, but I really love the pine tree in the foreground! Makes me chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the forest "3D"!!! It's a perfect holiday card!!! Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete