Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Coloring Down the Lines - Pool Party

Welcome back to our blog hop this week.  It's been a busy week with holiday lunches, making cards, holiday parties ~ you name it.  But of course, I still had time to take on my challenge for the week.  I'm sure you've been to the other blogs before mine to figure out what the challenge of the week is:  yes, you guessed it; it's pool party.  The color combos are:  pool party, so saffron and not quite navy, or pool party, wild wasabi and chocolate chip.  Well, since I've been doing these challenges, I try and select the color combo that I normally wouldn't choose, then go for it.  Carol, of course, always hits the mark with her card, doesn't she?  Well, here's what I've created for the challenge.  I hope you like it.

What do you think?  Do you like it?  I think it's a happy card, and someone special will get this card when it's their birthday.  I actually think I may make several of these.  You can never have enough cards when you need them.

Well now that you've seen mine, let's pop over to Liz's blog and see what she's created for us.  I just love seeing what everyone has come up with.  I can't wait for Wednesday's.  I also follow their blogs daily so I get my "creative fix" seven days a week.

I hope you've enjoyed blogging with us this week.  Stay tuned ... we're not stopping now.  Thanks for checking us out.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Helen, this is so pretty! I didn't like that combo of colors until I saw yours! I may have to case this one! I need birthday cards anyway. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cat
    Rol. I wasn't crazy for the combo either until I thought of dsp that had those colors & what a difference. I'm glad you like it. Feel free to case it. I'm happy I could be inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super! I wasn't sure of these colors either, but you came up with a really nice card with the combination. I love those flags, and the way you did the sentiment label is really nice looking. I need to CASE this, for sure. Great challenge, hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen! This card is GREAT!! I love it - would like to live in your brain for a week... maybe I'll just follow your blog (eek - already do!!). You always inspire me, and I thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Helen!
    Beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete