Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Midnight Muse

It's time for our blog hop again ... YEAH!  This week's challenge is Midnight Muse.  The color combinations are either the creative set using midnight muse, more mustard, and rich razzleberry or the other combo, which is the sweet set using midnight muse, bashful blue, and cherry cobbler.  I chose the creative combination for my entry this week.  I liked the colors in the creative set better, and came up with a design much quicker.  But, you never know until you put colors together to see how they look.  I've seen some that look absolutely awesome.  So, I'm sure you'll see with this blog hop all  the possibilities using these color sets.  So I believe you should have just come from Carol's blog.  She's a tough act to follow, isn't she?  Never-the-less, here is what I've created and I rather like it a lot.

I was so looking forward to using the hearts a flutter tab framelit with my card this week, and the honeycomb embossing folder is just so cool, so how could I not use that one too?  Another thing I'm goo goo gaa gaa about is the custom brad.  They are so easy to use and make any creation look amazing.

Well, enough of me going on and on.  Let's hop on over to see our Joni and what she made for us this week.  She's great, and we're so glad to have her part of our lineup every week.  So let's go ... and I'll see you again tomorrow.  (wink wink).
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Helen! Don't ya just love those new brads?! I really like how you used the framelits here. I've been trying to work those through in my mind! I really like what you did!!! Nice card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joni. I love the brads like crazy, and I'm glad I could inspire you on the framelits. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Helen, this card outdoes mine, for sure! LOVE IT! However, I apologize for my link. Somehow, Your address will not highlight in my post. Help? and I will fix it.
    Again, I'm sorry, I hope everyone still sees your gorgeous talent! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol. It's ok, I'm sure everyone knows how to get to my blog by now. (hehehe). Thank you for your sweet compliment. I would not say my card outdoes yours what-so-ever. You are a wonderful, creative artist, Carol and I simply love your work. We compliment each other! Hugs to you.

      Delete
  3. Love it, Helen. The Honeycomb emb folder is my favorite, and I have the Hearts a Flutter bundle but haven't used those dies yet. I have used the brads and love them. And I never thought those colors would look so good. I am going to CASE your card for sure -- ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy. You are always welcome to CASE anything I make, if you like. I love the honeybomb EB too - I can't stop using it, along with the hearts a flutter stamp set & framelits. Oh la la. And the brads, they are just fabulous! I hope they keep them around for quite a while. Thanks for your sweet compliment, Sandy. Hugs!

      Delete