Saturday, January 5, 2013

still addINKtive challenge - hearts a flutter

There is a brand new blog that just started "still addINKtive" and Bronwyn and Kathy posted their very first challenge this week so I thought I would participate.  There's a lot of beautiful creations on the site already, and if you haven't checked it out yet, you might want to do so.  You'll be able to meet the design team and see all the inspiration that's flowing over there.  I wish Bronwyn and Kathy luck with their new blog, and I hope you will join in the fun, if you can.



For their first challenge, we had a choice of using the three colors provided or use the design sketch layout, or both.  I chose the layout to follow.

The recipe for my card is as follows:

stamps:  hearts a flutter, itty bitty banners
paper:  raspberry ripple, very vanilla
ink:  raspberry ripple
accessories:  hearts a flutter framelits, itty bitty banners framelits, owl punch for small hearts, lacy brocade embossing folder, basic pearls, raspberry ripple 3/8" stitched satin ribbon, dimensionals, and a lot of love!










So what do you think?  I hope you like it.  And don't forget to stop over to the site.  It's well worth the visit.

See you tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with those hearts Helen. Your card is so very pretty. Plum, Wasabi and Baja hearts just wouldn't have looked the same would they :) You did the right thing going with Raspberry instead! Thanks for joining us at stilladdINKtive and thanks for your good wishes too. I hope you'll play with us again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy. I had fun with your challenge but as you can see, I had a difficult time resizing the photo. I tried a number of things, but it kept coming back to the same pic. O well. Better luck next time. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using the coordinating stamp set and framelits A LOT! Love what you did with them on your card, so pretty! Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at stillADDinktive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, you are the master at Valentine cards!!! WOW! These are so gorgeous... Say no more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE what you did with the hearts. A perfect Valentine's Day card! This is really a lovely card - thanks for taking the time to take the challenge at still addINKtive challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your sweet comments. I had so much fun with the challenge & plan to participate again.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining us at still addINKtive with your beautiful card, Helen! The dainty hearts looks fabulous atop the embossed background & your colour scheme is absolutely perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours for Valentine's Day. Love how you used the ribbon and bow to link two of the hearts together. Thanks for playing along with the sketch part of our challenge this week. Hope to see you back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely will be joining you again. Thank you for your kind comments & letting me participate.

    ReplyDelete