Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Pistachio Pudding

There's only one more week left until Convention, and besides frantically trying to get all my swaps completed, and yes, designed, I couldn't miss out on our Coloring Down the Lines Blog Hop.  Oh yes, I'll have something for you while I'm away at Convention too ... don't you worry.

This week's challenge is Pistachio Pudding, Smoky Slate, and Strawberry Slush, or Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, and Crisp Cantaloupe.  I thought I would try my hand at the first color combo, so I sat down and looked at the colors and decided what I wanted to make, and came up with it.  I tweaked it a bit, but I'm happy the way it turned out.

You must have come over from Carol's blog ... and after seeing hers, I sure do hope mine stacks up.  You decide:

Recipe
Paper:  smoky slate, strawberry slush, pistachio pudding, and whisper white
Ink:  pistachio pudding, smoky slate
Stamp Sets:  everything eleanor, cycle celebration
Accessories:  scallop border punch, pistachio pudding 3/8" ruffle stretch ribbon trim, flower daisy die, perfect polka dots EF, smokey slate button, basic rhinestones

The card actually looks better in person.  It looks a bit washed out in the photo above, but trust me, it's pretty.  The card base is smoky slate, then layered with strawberry slush, pistachio pudding, and then whisper white.  It's a bit hard to see it, but if you zero in closer, you'll be able to see them.

Well, let's check out Joni's card of the week ... I'm sure it's a winner.  Off we go.  Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always, Helen! We're both on the same ruffle wavelength! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being on your wave length, Carol. Hugs back!!

    ReplyDelete