Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Old Olive

Ahhh, old olive.  It's such a staple color in the Stampin' Up color pallet.  What would we do if that color ever got retired.  OH NO!

Our color challenge for this week is the combinations of:  old olive, soft suede, and crushed curry, or old olive, pumpkin pie and cherry cobbler.  I chose the first color combination to start with.  I always put the colors together and look at them before deciding what to make using them.  I always gravitate back to flowers a lot, and this one is no exception.  But this one has a little bit of a twist.

So before I do the big reveal, what did you think of Carol's card?  Her cards keep getting better and better.  I love the way she blends her colors together - someday, I hope to be able to do that as well as she does.  As you can see, I stick to the card stock for my cards.  It's something I know I do best.  Check it out:

Card Recipe
Paper:  old olive, soft suede, very vanilla
Ink:  crushed curry, old olive, soft suede
Stamp Set:s:  mosaic madness, fabulous flourettes
Accessories:  mosaic punch, square lattice EF, crushed curry button, very vanilla seam binding, soft suede candy dots

I hope you like the card.  It was fun.  I love making the bows using a fork.  I saw the tutorial on France Martin's blog and have been doing them a lot.  She made it fun and easy, and they look so nice.

Now, let's check out Joni's card this week.  She already had her's completed before the weekend.  Go Joni.

Thank you for stopping by, and I do hope to see you again tomorrow.  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Helen, Helen, Helen... this is so cute! I've wanted to use that stamp as a flower, but this tops 'em all!!! I have to make this one. Girl, you keep 'em coming. You are such an inspiration to me. Hugs

    ReplyDelete