Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Always Artichoke

Always artichoke - that's the key color in this week's blog hop.  Now, you can either pair it up with wisteria wonder and crumb cake, or so saffron and cajun craze.  I chose the combination of so saffron and cajun craze because it just reminds me of Fall.  It's such a pretty time of year, so naturally, I look for fun stuff to make, and this seemed very fitting.

Have you been over at Carol's blog prior to arriving here?  If not, don't forget to see what she's done for us this week.   I wanted to try something slightly different, and I'm still on the fence about it, so I'd love to hear what you think.

Recipe
Paper:  always artichoke, very vanilla
Ink:  always artichoke, cajun craze, so saffron
Stamp Sets:  gorgeous grunge, magnificent maple, petite pairs
Accessories:  antique trinkets, hemp twine, designer frames rectangle EF, and pretty print EF


I stamped the magnificent maple onto very vanilla card stock, then I took so saffron and used a dauber to rub the color through the leaf for that dual tone effect.  You can see it better in person, and I think next time, I'll blend the colors together using a gradient approach.  I need to practice that a bit more.  It makes creations more interesting.

Well, enough about me.  Let's pop on over to Joni's blog and see what she's done.  Usually between Carol and Joni, they have the color blending down to a science.  Maybe with enough practice, I'll get that good too.

Thanks for stopping by, and please feel free to leave your comments.  They mean a lot to me.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment