Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - Free for All Design

Last week, I wasn't so fortunate to have the picture and color pallet show on my blog, so this week, I tried saving the pictures to my desktop in hopes that this time, it will work.

I had a real hard time coming up with a design this week with the colors we are to use.  It wasn't so much the colors, but a design.  I wanted to do something different than I'm used to, but every time I tried something, I didn't like it.  Some weeks, the colors and designs just stump me, and this week is no exception.

Well, first let me start out by sharing the color pallet and picture.  That was missing from last weeks entry, so let's hope it shows up this week.  Here you go ..




SUCCESS!  Now that you see the colors, that's half the battle.   Now .. did you arrive here from Carol's blog?  If not, make sure you pop on back over because she always has something sweet to share.  And also, don't forget to check out Joni's submission this week too.  She's amazing how she nails it every time.

Now .. drum roll, please!  Here's what I finally ended up creating this week.  Hope you like it.



Recipe:
Paper:  whisper white, pistachio pudding, soft suede
Ink:  pistachio pudding, pear pizzazz, tempting turquoise, soft suede, real red, old olive
Stamp Sets:  moving forward (retired), hardwood, wetlands
Accessories:  old olive seam binding, word window punch (retired)

I'm learning the brayer technique, and I thought I would try it on this card.  I used it for the grass, but decided to use the sponge for the sky.  It's not the best, but I'll get better the more I practice.  

Thanks for stopping by this week.  Sure hope you'll be back next week.  I'm off to Birmingham, Alabama this week, so I'll be anxious to get back to creating ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment