Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - Scalloped Border Rosey Flower Frenzie

Welcome back to our blog hop this week.  The color combination for this challenge was selected by me, as I love pinks, rose, corals, etc.  Actually, I love just about any color ... but for some reason, the photograph spoke to me.  It reminded me of summer and pink lemonade, so I went to work trying to come up with a design that fit with my thoughts.  Unfortunately, what I wanted to do, I didn't have the materials to do it ... I was thinking of making a card using the shaving cream technique.  I only had shaving cream that was gel, not foam.  Oh phooey!

So, I decided to make the next best thing.  I saw some designs that Pootles from the UK did and put my own spin on it.  Here is the color combination for this week, the photograph that I love, and of course, my design.





Recipe
Paper:  cherry cobbler, crisp cantaloupe, whisper white, so saffron
Ink:  rose red, crisp cantaloupe, cherry cobbler
Stamp Sets:  gorgeous grunge, work of art, petite petals, tiny tags
Accessories:  petite petals punch, itty bitty accents punch pack, large scallop edgelit, gold sequin trim, basic pearls

Did you stop by to check out Carol's card this week?  I sure hope you do because she loves participating in our blog hops and she does a fabulous job.  Also, don't forget to check out Joni afterward.  She's always on it, and I'm sure she had her design figured out a week ago.  

I hope you enjoyed the inspiration this week .. please stop by each week to see what we'll have for your next.  And please don't hesitate to visit my blog every day for postings.  Although I may not post as often as I usually do, it's only because I'm creating cool things for my swaps at convention.  Stay tuned ... you'll be glad you did.

TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy computers. I uploaded my card to my blog last night and all was well, then lo and behold, this morning, the card was missing. I quickly jumped into action and added it back and checked before updating. Ah....here it is. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries, Helen! That has happened to each of us! I love this card! Such a fun little bouquet of flowers- you can almost see them growing! Very fresh!

    ReplyDelete