Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sympathy for Friends

The month of May was a time for sympathy cards.  A woman in my women's group lost her step-father, with no advance warning, and that was very sad.  We, as a group, got a card for her, but I wanted to make one myself, so this is what I made for her:


In keeping with the same theme, a co-worker lost his wife who battled with a rare cancer and lost that battle, leaving a young daughter and husband behind.  It was an agonizing time during her battle with the horrible disease, and it's so sad that after trying for many years to bear a child, Toni and her husband, Paul had a beautiful little girl named Zophia.  Toni didn't get to spend much time with her little girl because the disease caught hold of her quickly and most of Zophia's life was helping to care for her very ill mother.  I made this card for them:


Sometimes simple says it best - there's not much else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment