Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sympathy for a Friend

Last week, the wife of a friend of mine passed away after a long battle with breast cancer.  How awful.  She was a year older than me, and I couldn't imagine being on my own at this stage in my life.  Lynn was a wonderful wife, mother, and full of life.  She loved the blues, and she was a Rolling Stones fan.  I got to meet her two daughters at the viewing, and their youngest just got married.  How nice that her mother was still here to enjoy the wedding.

At times like these, it makes you reflect back on your own life.  What can you do better, and though we can't go back in time to change the things we would like to, we can move forward and make those subtle changes that make us better people.

I made this card for Rick and his family, and I do hope it blesses them just to know that there are many friends, and family, who care so much.  I pray they will find peace and comfort in the days to come, just knowing that Lynn led a happy life and everyone around them are much better for her being in it.  God Bless!


Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment