Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines - Butterfly Basics

Welcome back, everyone!  It's a fabulous day today, not only being "hump day", but it's going up to 60 degrees, and after all the cold, snow, and rain we've had this Winter, it's a great reminder that Spring is right around the corner.

If you look at the photograph we used this week for inspiration, it feels like Spring to me ... green tones, which signify "new birth" for leaves, trees, grass, flowers, and everything that is so pleasing to us.  Take a look for yourself and see what you think ...


As you can tell, I just love Spring.   It's one of my favorite times of the year.  From a faith perspective, it also uplifts me because of the significance of Spring.  I hope this picture and my creation will inspire you as well.  Bring on Spring!!!


Paper:  mossy meadow, smoky slate, very vanilla, vellum
Ink:  mossy meadow, smoky slate, pistachio pudding, wild wasabi
Stamp Sets:  petite petals, butterfly basics, papillon potpourri, painted petals
Accessories:  basic pearls, silver baker's twine

I tried my hand at the "bokeh" technique, and this was my first attempt.  It didn't turn out too bad, but with a bit more practice, I'll master it, I'm certain.

Now, for more inspiration, if you hop back one, you can see what Carol created for you this week. Carol is full of ideas for you, always.  And sadly, Joni had to bow out this week, but we'll skip ahead on to Liz's blog and see what she has in store for you this week.  Never-the-less, everyone has wonderful creations for you to use for inspiration so you can get your creativity going.

Hope to see you again soon.  Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love the ferns in this set, and love the way you tied them with a bow.

    ReplyDelete