Friday, May 1, 2015

The Paper Plunge #32 - Mother Dearest

May flowers always make me think of Mother's Day and my wonderful mother.  She loved flowers so much, and I take after her in that way.  My younger sister does as well.  I could have flowers in my house 24x7, 365 days a year and never tire of them.

It's always hard for me to make Mother's Day cards, especially since I lost my mother 11 years ago this June.  I stopped making the cards a while back, and then I thought it wouldn't be fair to those who want to make cards for their mother's - so I usually design at least one to share.  This particular card I made for the Paper Plunge is one I'm using at my Library class tomorrow.  When I designed the card, I was thinking of my mother, and it turned out beautiful.  I just wish she was here to see it.  So instead, I'll go to her grave and place flowers on it and make it lovely, as she would have wanted it.  I'll stay a bit, talk to her, and tell her all about things that are going on, and then bid her farewell until I visit again.  I'll also make sure I'm there for her birthday, as you see, I share the same birthday as my mother.  That makes it so difficult for me sometimes.  Celebrating my birthday just isn't the same since she passed away.  If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be here ... so although I celebrate my birthday, I'm missing something as well.

So, having shared my story, I think it's time for you to see what I've made.  Here it is.



I simply used the petite petals stamp set for this one, and cut out a heart in the card using the heart framelits.  Topping it off with the ruffled crisp cantaloupe ribbon added a sweet touch.  Just a few little itty bitty flowers punched out for the centers of every other flower finished it off.

Please make sure you hop on over and take the plunge at The Paper Plunge.  We'd love to see what you've made, whether it's for your mother or for a loved one that is close to you.  As we appreciate our mothers, we appreciate you and your creativity.  

Create happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment