Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines - Colorful, Fanciful Leaves

The leaves are just starting to turn here in Pennsylvania, but there's a lot more to go. As the sun shines and the leaves blow in the wind, the beautiful blue sky places a pretty backdrop for the colorful leaves that are yet to show their vibrant beauty. I realize Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner, but I'm just not ready to give up on Fall and get into the frenzy of the holidays.

In keeping with that thought, my entry today focuses on Fall. The color pallet and photograph were a bit challenging for me this week, since I'm in Fall mode, but I managed to make it work.

Let's take a look at the photograph we used for inspiration, and the colors we had to work with. What would you create using these colors?


The picture above reminds me of snow, ice crystals, and winter, with a touch of color. I certainly don't winter to come upon us just yet, so here's what I came up with as a celebration of Fall, that is waiting to come right through the door.



It's a little bit hard to see that the card base is rich razzleberry, and the leaf is embossed in silver and colored in with stampin' up markers. I topped it off with some thick silver baker's twine. The background is embossed using the Boho Chic embossing folder, for an added touch.

Have you checked out Amanda's card this week? If not, hop on back over to OurCraftyPlaydate to see what she did with the color challenge. Then, hop forward to Joniinthespotlightstamping, as she always comes up with interesting creations for the color combinations.

Hope you like the card. I just want to hang on to Fall just a bit longer before the winds of change take us into Winter.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Oui la la! I want to case your card - absolutely love it! Can't wait to use this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!!! Thanx a lot friend! now i need this stamp set too!!! lol beautiful as usual miss helen!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete