Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines - Autumn Leaves

Welcome back to our Coloring Down the Lines blog hop this week. I found the colors kind of nice and wondered how I'd put them all together, but after thinking about it over night, I got up out of bed at 3:10 a.m. and started working on the card. It came together in no time. I worked on a couple more things before jumping in the shower and getting ready for work. I took a snapshot of my card and off to work I went. The more I looked at the card I made, the more I actually liked it. I'm still happy with it, and can't wait to share it with you.

So let's start with the photograph we used for our inspiration, shall we? The colors follow and see what you would come up with using all of the colors below.


Now ... here's the card I made using the colors above.


I love the card in person - it's pleasant to look at and the colors are soft. I used crumb cake for the top leaf, cherry cobbler for the center leaf, and blackberry bliss for the third leaf. The sentiment is stamped in soft suede, and I used gorgeous grunge for the background with smoky slate. The base of the card is basic gray, and the two strips are both basic gray and smoky slate. And there you have it.

If you've arrived here via Amanda's blog, your next step is to hop on over to Joni's blog. I love to hop through and see what everyone created. Such fun.

I wish for you a wonderful week. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it.

Hugs!

4 comments:

  1. Helen, this is just amazing! I am making some of these today! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card too, but 3 am? You really are an early bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If not sleeping makes you able to create like this - you should stay up all night!! Beautiful! (now go get a nap!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice arrangement of leaves. I need to try something like this. Love it.

    ReplyDelete