Friday, June 3, 2016

Ginger's 40th Birthday Card

Yes, another birthday! This time, it's my manager, Ginger. She turns 40 on June 3, and as I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs, I try and think of what the person likes, and then make the card based on that.

In this case, Ginger loves shoes! Yep, shoes. She'll stop at nothing for a new pair of shoes. So I put my thinking cap on and wondered what I would do for this card. Then I decided to do a search on pinterest for shoe cards, and I found a pattern over at Stamping T and that's all I needed. I had to trace and cut out the shoe, but it worked perfectly.

Here's the card I made:



I used tangelo twist for the heel and platform and embossed them with clear embossing powder. You see, Ginger's favorite color is orange. Her engagement ring is orange. So I added a little bow for interest, and the shoe is made from some very old, flocked, card stock I had lying around. I took the "Fabulous" from the one in a million stamp set, and topped it off with the 40. Too cute, don't you think? The card is 5-1/2 x 6 because I wanted to make sure the shoe would fit on the card and I'd have enough room for the sentiment.

I hope you like it as much as I do. I can't wait until Ginger sees it.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment