Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day - Let's Have a Picnic

Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there. It's a beautiful, sunny day, and a great day for a picnic.

Here in Spring City, it's a bit hot today - it's going up to 90 degrees. WOW, that's a big hot and sticky for me. I don't mind hot, but when the humidity starts to set in, that's when I head for the air conditioning.

Today is Father's Day, and my sister and I are taking my father out to lunch at a favorite place he likes. I'll be leaving in a about an hour to pick her up and head out to collect dad and sit down for a nice lunch.

I thought I would make dad's father's day card with the picnic theme in mind. He loves picnics, and when my siblings and husband are around, I'll have a picnic for him. I know he'll enjoy it.

Here is the card I've created for my father today, in honor of his special day. I hope you like it. I viewed a few pictures on Pinterest to come up with a version all my own. Check it out ...


I took my crinkling tool to make the ripples in the chips so they looked like real chips. The lemonade is made with vellum and I took a dauber and my so saffron stamping pad and created the lemonade in the glass, then added a piece of dip for the straw. I had an old piece of birthday dip around that fit just perfectly as a picnic table cover .. it couldn't have turned out any better.

I'd love to see all of your Father's Day cards ... I'll be checking Pinterest and all the posts I subscribe to just to see what you've created.

Have a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment