Monday, June 20, 2016

Waiting for Daddy

This is a card I created for my husband, Tom, for Father's Day. Since we're boaters, and he also sails hobie cats, I thought it fitting to create a card with a nautical theme .. although I'm running out of ideas now.

I decided to make this card using inspiration from Jackie Topa's card I found on Pinterest. Since we have a kitty that is grey, and she just so happens to love my husband, I thought I would create a card with a grey kitty in it, and I actually love the way this turned out.

Here she is, waiting for daddy:




I used the "by the shore" dip for the wallpaper background, as well as the water in the background. The hearth and home framelit was used to make the window. I also used the new swirly bird stamp set and matching framelit to make the sailboat and sun. So cute.... I don't know if you can see it very well in the picture, but I also used the copper thread around the antique brad on the banner. For kitty, I used the tiny balloon and circle punches, and hand cut out the ears (ohhh so tiny), and used a piece from the swirly bird framelit to make the tail. I love it!

Well, that's it for today ... stop back again to check me out, and don't forget our Wednesday blog hops. They're always fun.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment