Saturday, July 2, 2016

Birthday Card for Don

This is the last July birthday for my co-workers, and I know Don loves animals, especially Boston Terrier dogs. He wears a shirt with the Boston Terrier embroidered on it, so this was a no-brainer for his birthday card.

Now, I didn't have anything that looks like the Boston Terrier, so I found a cute puppy on google and used that for my inspiration for making his card.

After much toiling, here is the card I created with several punches I had:

Recipe

Cardstock:  whisper white, basic black, real red, daffodil delight, pacific point, cucumber crush, watermelon wonder
Ink:  memento black
Stamp Sets:  teeny tiny wishes, balloon celebration
Accessories:  balloon builder punch, heart framelits, circle punch, fox builder punch, gold cord, basic rhinestones

I actually have to say, I like the way the dog turned out. He does look like a Boston Terrier, and one of my co-workers just loved it to pieces and couldn't believe how much it looks like the real dog. That made my heart sing. I thought I'd never be able to do punch art on my own without CASING, but I did it. I wish I would have made another card just to keep, but as I always say, I only make one of a kind cards and never reproduce them for anyone else.

You'll have to stop by again and see what I come up with next. Even I don't know yet.

Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment