Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Happy Retirement


A co-worker asked me to make a retirement card for a friend of hers, and she gave me a few ideas of what she liked, and of course, a beach theme was one of them. Well, beach themes .. they are so serene, peaceful, and happy, so I decided to go with that.

A while ago, I purchased a die from Impression Obsession, of a beach chair, so naturally, I decided to use that for this card. The trick is to make sure the beach looks real, so it can be quite of a challenge. That's where the art work comes into play. You have to dabble with the colors to make it just right. Well, I did what I could, and here is what I came up with:


Recipe
Cardstock: smoky slate, whisper white
Ink: so saffron, smoky slate, crushed cucumber, watermelon wonder, sahara sand, soft sky, 
peekaboo peach, tempting turquoise, daffodil delight
Stamp Sets:  weather together, wetlands, teeny tiny wishes
Accessories: white and silver wink of stella, impression obsession beach chair die

My friend loved the card, so I sure hope her friend does too. Now, off to make another card ... 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment