Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Coloring Down the Lines - Snow Theme With Shades of Blue

Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were filled with love, laughter, and a lot of fun. As we start into the New Year, may you find peace, happiness, good healthy, and love wherever you go.

We're off to a wonderful start with our Coloring Down the Lines Blog Hop. This month, we are focused on Snow Themes, and today's challenge is Snow theme with shades of blue and a touch of sparkle. You know, when I sat down to create my card, it was harder than I thought. Can you believe it? I thought, I have this in the bag, and it took me over an hour to come up with an idea.  Well, I managed to create something, but it was trial and error until I got it where I liked it. Then, of course, I looked forward to see what the weeks ahead were, and guess what? I think I made the card for next week vs. this week. How in the world did I do that? Well, I'll chalk it up to being sick all during the holiday, and my brain just wasn't functioning.  Anyway, it doesn't matter, because I met all the criteria for this week.

Let's take a look at the inspirational photo, and then on to the goods.


I have to say, I love snow scenes. Let's hope I can come up with some great ones for the remainder of the month .... LOL





The stamp sets I used were Sparkly Seasons (retired), Jar of Cheer, and Thoughtful Branches.  For the sparse trees, they are stamped in Night of Navy, while the pine trees are stamped using Lost Lagoon. For the sky, I used the following: Lost Lagoon, Marina Mist, Pool Party, and Daper Denim. Yep, Daper Denim! I also used the seaside textured embossing folder for the snow drifts at the bottom. I topped off the sky using the snow flakes from Jar of Cheer and used versa mark, and sprinkled with dazzling diamonds glitter. I took a few pictures from different angles so you could see the dazzling snowflakes.

Well, I hope you like it. Now, if you've arrived here from Amanda's blog, you'll be taking a hop on to Joni's blog to see what she's made for you this week. Hope you have fun looking at everyone's entry. I love it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment